Nurse Maude at Level 2
During this difficult and unsettling time of Covid-19, we want to reassure you that we are following Ministry of Health directives and advice and will continue to provide you with information on what you can expect from Nurse Maude.
Our thanks to you all for continuing to support family and friends at home. We know this is not always easy, especially in times of stress and uncertainty.
Let us know of any changes to their health or support needs so we can make safe decisions and support them to seek medical attention if needed.
We want you to be fully aware of what you can expect from Nurse Maude Homecare every step of the way during the different alert levels.
At Alert Level 2, following Ministry of Health directions, we will be providing regular support.
Before our staff enter your home, they will need to ask you some questions, so we know you and / or the people you live with are well.
We may need to pause or reschedule your visit if you answer yes to any of these questions, but we will work with you so services are provided as soon as it is safe to do so.
It’s important that everyone is healthy and well. This includes you, the people we support and the people who work for us.
When we are providing care, our team member will wear a mask and where possible follow physical distancing rules while they carry out their work, such as preparing medications or meals.
For more information or any questions regarding your support please contact Nurse Maude.
- Canterbury 0800 687 736
- Nelson Marlborough: 0800 687 739
- Wellington/Hutt Valley 0800 687 738
Nurse Maude Hospital
As of 11.59pm Tuesday 7th September we will be at Alert Level 2 and open for visiting. However for seven days after September 7 the following is in place:
Visiting hours are now between 10am – 5pm and limited to 2 visitors at any one time and for a maximum of 45 mins. Please pre-book all visits in advance Monday to Friday 9am-4pm email@example.com or 03 375 4145
- If you have not booked please do not be offended if we turn you away until another time.
- No children under 12 to visit unless be prior arrangement with the facility manager
- For visitors, where possible conduct visits in resident’s rooms, maintain 1m physical distancing, or if you can physically distance in lounges.
Please remember we are doing everything we can to keep residents safe from any potential outside infection source. We are closely following the Ministry of Health updates and will review our instructions as new information comes to hand.
- Do not visit if you feel at all unwell, e.g. have a temperature or have any gastro / cold / flu symptoms.
- Entry into our hospital must be through the main reception and you are required to sanitise your hands on arrival.
- All visitors must sign in via the computer at reception. As part of this, all visitors must read and agree to a Health Declaration (with an additional condition as mentioned above).
- We require you all to use the NZ COVID Tracer QR code also displayed at reception and at any location you and / or the resident visits while out of the facility.
Hospice Palliative Care Service
We will be providing our clinical service in the community, aged residential care and inpatient facility as per usual. The Hospice Service continues to provide free care and support.
Visiting the hospice inpatient unit is restricted to two visitors per patient at a time to keep our vulnerable patients, staff and volunteers safe. All visitors are requested to complete the health declaration on arrival, scan in using the QR code and wear a face mask at all times. Please also ensure you maintain good social distancing from our staff and volunteers.
Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time.
Jane Rollings, Service Manager 03 375 4274
Open for business at Alert Level 2
Please wear a mask when you visit our retail stores and adhere to physical distancing protocols
- Health & Mobility Shop, 245 Wairakei Road
- Hospice shops
- Nurse Maude Online shop www.maudesonline.org.nz
- Supply Department, 95 Fitzgerald Avenue
- Maudes on Trademe
For more information on Covid-19 go to the Ministry of Health Covid-19 website www.covid19.govt.nz
Covid 19 – Level 2
The government has mandated mask wearing when visiting or accessing public services. Please help us to keep our clients, patients and staff safe by wearing a mask if visiting any of the Nurse Maude sites.
You must sign in when you visit us at Nurse Maude – there are QR codes at every entrance. If you do not have a mobile phone we have alternative options for you to record your visit.
The vaccination roll out continues and from Wednesday 1 September anyone over the age of 12 can be vaccinated. We encourage you to book your vaccination if you haven’t already done so – it is more important than ever to break the Covid chain of transmission.
Some important guidelines from the Ministry of Health under Level 2
- Where a mask in public
- Keep track of where you have been – scan in
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly, and often
- Maintain 2 metres physical distancing
- Stay home if you are sick
- Get tested if you have cold or flu symptoms (you can talk to Healthline first)
- Be kind
For more information on Covid-19, the Ministry of Health has a helpful and easy to navigate website www.covid19.govt.nz
Vaccination roll out
All you need to know about the Covid19 vaccination roll out is available on the Ministry of Health’s vaccination page.
Regional DHB’s also have information dedicated to the vaccination roll out specific to your area that is easy to understand – click on the following links.