Nurse Maude Hospital
World-class Hospital, next-level care
You’ve been there
“Nurse Maude have been with us since the beginning and we have had amazing care over that time.“
For our residents the Nurse Maude Hospital is their home; a place where they can have a sense of purpose and receive quality nursing care provided in a safe and compassionate environment.
Specialist palliative care and support are provided free of charge in our hospital.
Long term care is funded by the Ministry of Health. Talk to your doctor, public hospital or other health professional about being referred to our care.
Short-term care can also be provided for up to 28 days under the Respite Care Scheme and is also available for those who wish to pay privately.
Our Commitment to you
You are central to everything we do. Whenever you contact us at Nurse Maude you will receive a helpful response and high quality service.
• Your enquiries will be responded to promptly.
• You will be treated with courtesy and respect.
• You will be listened to and involved in, all aspects of the care we provide.
• Explanations will be provided in a way you can understand.
• You will receive a prompt and helpful response to any problem.
• You can rely on a continuously improving service.
• Everyone has unique physical, spiritual, emotional, social and psychological needs.
• Everyone is part of a family unit.
• That our hospital is the resident’s home.
• Everyone has the right to quality health care provided with compassion.
• Elderly residents and those needing residential palliative care have special holistic needs.
• Hospital level care in a residential environment requires special personal qualities, skills and knowledge.
• The resident and their family / whãnau / caregiver are integral to planning the care provided and should be regularly consulted about that care.
Our hospital and their home
For those we care for, the Nurse Maude Hospital is their home. A place where they can enjoy a sense of purpose, joy, meaning, control and dignity. Our purpose is making the Nurse Maude Hospital a centre of excellence in clinical care and a vibrant residential community of individuals. This is their home, and they deserve no less. Our nursing and medical team work alongside our residents and their families to provide the very best individual clinical care. Nurse Maude has a stable care-team for each small household group of residents to ensure the most personal and friendly experience for residents and family.
“Our hospital is founded on the principles of partnership, respect and compassion. We look forward to meeting you and your family to answer any questions you may have about the care and support we can offer.” – Natalie Seymour Hospital Manager.
When your health needs are high, the quality of care really matters
Nurse Maude has cared for the people of Canterbury since 1896. While much of our nursing and care is in the community, complex health needs demand excellent hospital level care. The Nurse Maude Hospital is founded on the partnership, respect, compassion and nursing excellence. Our job is to make a real home for our residents … a place where they can enjoy the same sense of purpose, fun, meaning, control and dignity as they would in their own homes. We also offer respite care with a seamless transition to long-term care if needed.