This year Nurse Maude is offering an Introduction to Wound Care workshop for Enrolled and Registered Nurses only. Previously we have held Foundations in Wound Care workshops; this session is more clinically relevant with an increased number of case studies.
By the end of the day:
- you will develop an understanding of the wound healing process
- be able to use terminology related to wound management including medical terminology and pathophysiology
- outline the need for accurate ‘whole person’ assessment
- describe differences between acute and chronic wounds and understand why different cares may be required for each
- you will have the opportunity to discuss the different types of wound dressing products and when to utilize them
Pre-reading will be required (emailed prior to workshop): wound healing process, factors affecting health, descriptive words for wounds.
Day Programme outlines wound assessment, wound bed preparation, skin tears, chronic wounds, pressure ulcers, product categories and case studies. The programme is subject to change.